OMHA has implemented a mandatory
"Respect in Sport | Parent Program".
At least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in the OMHA will be required to complete
the on-line Respect in Sport - Parent Program as a condition of participation.
The Respect in Sport Program for Parents is a 1 hour online program geared to providing the parent with information on how to evaluate and understand:
- Parental influence over a child
- Coach and leader roles in sport
- Role of the parent and coach in ensuring a child's enjoyment of a sport
- Protecting your child when outside of your immediate control
- Concussion awareness and Return to Play guidelines
- Long-Term Player Development
The course has a $12 cost and can be accessed at the OMHA website | Respect | Education
Please note, this is a different program than the Speak out or Respect in Sport program required for coaches, trainers and other officials. The speak out certification you may already have received does not cover this Respect in Sport parent program requirement - this is a new program.
In order to be rostered on an EHMHA team, at least one parent or guardian must have taken this course.
Please refer to the OMHA website for additional information.