We are looking for someone with an accounting background who can apply their experience to the duties detailed below; primarily ensuring the financial integrity of the hockey association through sound accounting practices.
The Treasurer is elected at the EHMHA Annual General Meeting (AGM) or by the EHMHA Executive and is appointed for a term of 24 months. This role is a voting member, so there will be a contribution to the association decision-making across all topics as required.
· Action all payments, fee structures, budgets, audits and invoices relevant to the association
· Keep records of accounts, expenses and receipts
· Monitor and report on variances
· Maintain policy adherence
· Prepare for and perform annual audit with outside auditors
· Support the EHMHA executive team with budget forecasts, financial reporting and reconciliation
· Monitor the Treasurer email account and field enquiries in a timely manner
· Carry out other duties assigned by the President and Executive Members
· Estimated time commitment is 2 to 8 hours per month; with additional hours from the end of April through early May for the audit
· Sound knowledge of accounting processes: understanding expenses, invoicing, reconciling, preparation of financial statements, budgeting, accruals, and deferrals
· Access to internet, email, MS Word and Excel or equivalent/compatible