AE Team Formation Policy
The policy governs the formation of a second (additional entry) team in any age group.
Note: Minor Midget is considered an Additional Entry (AE) team within the Midget age group. The rationale for this policy is to clearly identify the criteria used to determine whether an AE tryout will be held.
AE Team Tryout Policy
• A tryout will be held for an AE team within a division (including Minor Midget for Midget) if the minimum participant threshold outlined below is met
• Only those players who were released from the BB tryout will be eligible to try out for the AE team; even if a player feels they are only interested in playing on the additional entry team, they must attend the BB tryouts first
Minimum Participant Thresholds
Novice, Atom and PeeWee age groups
• If 28 or more skaters and 3 or more goalies attend by the end of the 2nd BB tryout, there will be an AE tryout for that age group; as soon as that threshold is met (i.e. after the 1st or 2nd tryout ) the AE tryout will be scheduled and the coach selection process will start for an AE coach
• If fewer than 24 skaters have attended by the end of the 2nd BB tryout the association will NOT proceed with tryouts for an AE team.
• Where there are between 24 and 27 Skaters and/or fewer than 3 goalies the Coach selection process will proceed and the selected coach - in consultation with an ad hoc committee composed of the Rep Director, Technical Director, Local League Director, VP Operations and President - will determine the viability of forming a team.
* Important note for Novice AE
• Per the OMHA Guidelines for Novice and Below, there is no longer a rep program for 7-year-olds (i.e. the Minor Novice age group)
• A Novice AE team may only be formed if there are enough 8-year-old players remaining following the formation of the Novice BB team.
• The executive will retain the right to determine the viability of a Noivce AE team, taking into consideration the number of players at tryouts; the number of 8 year olds released from BB; the number of 7 year olds released; assessment of the remaining player skills.
• In the event of forming a Novice AE team, the decision on division will be made by the executive based on division availability and competitiveness. Options may include entering the first team in Smith A team division and the second team in Harrison (standard EH BB team placement) - or Harrison and Russell if a Russell division exists
Bantam and Midget age groups
Note: For the purposes of this policy Minor Midget is considered an Additional entry team within the Midget age group
• If 30 or more skaters and 3 goalies attend by the end of the 2nd BB tryout, there will be an AE tryout for that age group. As soon as that threshold is met (i.e. after the 1st or 2nd tryout ) the AE tryout will be scheduled and the coach selection process with start for an AE coach.
• If fewer than 30 skaters or fewer than 3 goalies have attended by the end of the 2nd BB tryout, there will not be an AE tryout for that age group